The Call for Abstracts is closed. Thank you for the numerous submissions. Sign up for the CCCA newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything!
The Climate Change Center Austria (CCCA), together with the Vienna University of Technology, is pleased to invite you to the 24th Austrian Climate Day! This will take place from April 02 to 04, 2024 under the motto "City and Country in Flux" in Vienna. This time, TU Wien is hosting the most important networking event for the Austrian climate research community.
The venue in Vienna will be used as an opportunity to focus on urban space and discuss the challenges and opportunities associated with climate change. Urban and rural areas are subject to a permanent flow of changes; these transformation processes must be actively shaped with a view to climate neutrality in 2040 and the changed climatic conditions.
TU Wien provides a wide range of research expertise for both urban and rural development and thus offers the ideal framework for a conference on the subject of multi-layered change.
Planned conference content:
- Opening with keynote and discussion on April 03, 2024
- Thematically clustered scientific sessions with selected presentations on current climate research (April 03-04, 2024)
- Exchange on scientific posters during the poster sessions (April 03-04, 2024)
- ACRP quality assurance for the year 2024 in the presence of the ACRP Steering Committee (April 03-04, 2024)
- Presentation of the CCCA Young Investigator Award and CCCA poster prizes
- Icebreaker on April 02, 2024 and evening event on April 03, 2024
- Workshop for young scientists on April 02, 2024
- Workshop on networking between science and administration on April 03, 2024
- Networking opportunities during breaks and the supporting program
- Planned certification as a Green Meeting
The Austrian Climate Day:
- is a scientific conference with the aim of providing an overview of current Austrian research activities in the fields of climate change and transformation
- acts as an interdisciplinary networking event for the climate and climate impact research community
- offers young and established scientists alike the opportunity to present their research work
- serves to present current ACRP projects in the presence of the ACRP Steering Committee
- offers additional opportunities and formats for dialog with stakeholders from politics, administration and research funding
- also serves as a platform for exchange with business people, practitioners and the interested public