At the University of Graz, researchers and students work across a broad disciplinary spectrum to enlarge our knowledge, and find strategies to deal with challenges our society is confronted with and to shape tomorrow’s world. The University of Graz is a place which combines high quality academic research and teaching, where achievement is rewarded, careers are promoted, and social diversity is encouraged – all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!
Within its Field of Excellence "Climate Change Graz" the University of Graz is looking for a Transacademic Interface Manager (Employment as University assistent with doctorate) (40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 3 years; position to be filled as of April 1st 2021 )
The University of Graz Field of Excellence (FoE) “Climate Change Graz” offers a highly attractive research and teaching environment, with the involvement of world-leading faculty across relevant disciplines from its schools of social sciences and economics, natural sciences, environmental sciences, and the humanities alongside different interdisciplinary research groups. Research work of the Field of Excellence on sustainable societal solutions requires the involvement of experts and stakeholders from all areas of society. We seek a professional development of this interface.
- Designing the interface between companies, public administration/politics, NGOs and the population (our stakeholders) on the one hand and research/science on the other
- Independent accompanying research on transdisciplinary stakeholder processes
- Initiation, establishment and maintenance of national and international stakeholder networks for cooperation in projects of different research groups in the Field of Excellence
- Establishment and coordination of transdisciplinary collaboration in research projects (from assessment of needs, development of research questions, co-design and co-production in research to dissemination of research results)
- Teaching on transdisciplinary stakeholder processes
- Design and moderation of stakeholder processes
- Active support in the preparation and processing of new transdisciplinary research cooperations
- Doctorate/PhD in communication, social sciences, economics, humanities or natural sciences or non-university experience or qualification in the expected field of activity
- Understanding of and experience with research/university and stakeholders
- Experience in trans- and interdisciplinary work and research contexts, preferably on climate change (in any sub-area, such as climate impacts, adaptation, and/or emission reduction)
- Several years of experience in the design of dialog processes
- Knowledge of and practice in interactive methods in large group moderation in virtual and analog formats
- Excellent knowledge of German and English and, if applicable, experience in publishing (science to public and science to science)
- High personal motivation for transdisciplinary forms of work
- High readiness for constructive discussions in interdisciplinary teams
- Ability and pleasure in independently building and expanding research-relevant networks domestically and abroad
- Responsible working methods and problem-solving skills
- Experience or participation in the acquisition and processing of (national and international) third-party funded projects (desirable)
Classification: Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
Minimum salary: The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3889.50 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: February 3rd 2021 Reference Number: MB/28/99 ex 2020/21
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply. Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents including motivation letter, CV, overview of relevant previous experience, certificates, etc. before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application to:
Hearings will be on 1st of March 2021 and 3rd of March 2021 (in between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m.).
Additional information on the position: https://climate-change.uni-graz.at/en/tim/