Programme Assistant who wants to change the world with us (Graz, 20-40h)
This position is a great opportunity to make true impact with your passion for green and sustainable cities. Join the agile and growing team that’s making cities around the world better places.
We do what we do because we want to make a difference. With our Urban Future. events and content we help urban shapers to drive the transition in their cities faster: they promote cycling, introduce pedestrian zones, build zero-energy districts, decarbonize mobility, develop circular production, work towards more social equality, and much more. Actually, thinking about all of this, we’re really proud of our work.
At the core of our work lies the development of content – which many regard as the most exciting and progressive event programmes to be found for cities. But at the same time, that’s our challenge: it’s a lot of work (and we mean A LOT).
And that’s where you come into the picture. As Programme Assistant you support our team in creating unique programmes, featuring stories and content from all around the world. Your passion for the environment and for driving change will be a big asset when talking to some of the most amazing people, leaders, and shapers in the field.
- You’ll be searching for inspiring stories and personalities of urban change in the fields covered in the programmes
- Have introductory conversations with urban shapers
- Connect with our large base of speakers, hosts, guides and experts, ensuring they have all the info & facts they need
- Point of contact for any questions that our speakers might have
- Co-develop with the programme team the storylines for each content segment, whether live or digital
- You’ll start developing smaller segments of the program independently
- Important part of the speaker hosting team during the live events (2022 in Sweden, 2023 in Germany)
You are a curious, passionate, and very accurate personality who is very well self-organised. Talking to people is what you love, different perspectives inspire you, and telling good stories is what you enjoy.
- You have completed or are currently enrolled in a higher education program relevant for sustainability and/or urban development
- Getting to the true core of an issue by asking questions is what you like – but you (almost) get a kick out of looking beyond the pretending bullshit-bingo chatter to separate the wheat from the chaff
- Very outgoing and winning personality
- You have excellent English skills, both in writing and in conversation. Additional language skills are a big plus.
- You have already gained first work experience in the field
What we offer
- A cool, fun and passionate team that’s making a difference
- A part-time OR full-time position with our team in Graz, Austria that is flexible enough to work with your personal schedule
- Tasks that will provide you with a unique birds-eye view of the broad field of urban sustainability
- Flat team structures and the opportunity to impact with your passion the lives of millions in cities around the world
Apply to this position online.
As employer, we value diversity, support individuals in developing their full potential, in bringing their ideas to life and to make a meaningful impact with their work. This job offer is directed at all candidates, independent of their age, sex, race, religion, or sexual orientation. The position is NOT a remote opportunity and requires candidates to work at our offices in Graz, Austria. Non-EU nationals must already hold a valid working permit. Austrian employment laws require us to state that the minimum, annual gross remuneration for this position is EUR 30,000 (based on a full-time position).