The APCC Steering Committee (APCC SC) is a permanent institution of the Climate Change Centre Austria (CCCA) consisting of at least three positions:
- 1 CCCA Board Member
- 1 stakeholder (representative of public administration or similar)
- 1 or more international scientist(s)
Currently the APCC SC consists of the following persons:
- Helmut Haberl (BOKU)
- Sabine Fuss (MCC-Berlin and Humboldt University Berlin)
- Gertraud Wollansky (BMK)
- Martina Schuster (BMK) - until the end of 2020.
The APCC SC must meet the following requirements:
- at least 1 person with Assessment Report (IPCC/APCC) experience should be represented
- broad coverage of different research areas (natural and social sciences)
- gender balance
There is an authorized representative from the Project Consortium (e.g. CO-Chair, Lead Author, Project Manager) for each ongoing Special Report or other APCC product who provides the APCC SC with information. The APCC SC can also consult further respondents.
The APCC SC itself does not create products but ensures the continuity and process quality of APCC products. This includes the evaluation of the review process regarding process quality as well as reviewers’ qualification and the extent to which the contents of the report are covered by respective reviewers.
The APCC SC monitors whether the respective topic is treated from an interdisciplinary perspective.
The APCC SC issues recommendations to the CCCA Board.
The APCC SC may suggest external reviewers and review editors for the review process. However, finding and organising review editors is the general responsibility of the respective project consortium.
Upon completion of an APCC product, the APCC SC confirms compliance with the quality criteria via a sign-off-letter.